Carboxymethyl Tamarind Kernel Powder (CMT or CMTKP) - Rajkot
- NameKelvin Vachhani
Carboxymethyl Tamarind Kernel Powder (CMT or CMTKP) is an anionic water soluble polymer; it is derived from Tamarind Kernel Powder (TKP), which is made cold water soluble by a chemical reaction (Carboxymethylation). Cold water solubility is achieved by introducing carboxymethyl groups (-CH2-COOH) along the polysaccharide chain, which makes hydration of the molecule possible in cold water.
CMT is modified Tamarind Kernel Powder (TKP), TKP extracted from seeds of Tamarind Tree (Tamarindus Indica). Tamarind is an evergreen tree grows mainly in India & also in other part of world. Today; India is the largest producer of tamarind.
Tamarind seeds are processed in to CMT by seed selection, seed coat removal, separation, hammer milling, grinding, sieving, chemical processing, drying, grinding and sieving.
CMT is bio-compatible, bio-degradable, non- toxic & modified natural polymer.
CMT is derivatives of Polysaccharides composed of Glucosyl : Xylosyl : Galactosyl in ration of 3:2:1.
CMT is water solutions are Non-Newtonian and yield higher viscosities than most of starch derivatives at equivalent concentrations.
Carboxymethyl Tamarind Powder, Cold Water Soluble Tamarind Seed Powder, Cold Water Soluble Tamarind Kernel Powder, Cold Water Soluble TKP, Modified Tamarind Seed Powder, Modified TKP, Modified Tamarind Kernel Powder, Modified Natural Polymer, Hydrocolloids, TKP Derivatives, Tamarind Kernel Powder Derivatives, Tamarind Derivatives, Modified Gum, Cold water soluble Gum, CMT, Sodium CMT, Na-CMT, CMT-Na, Carboxy Methyl TKP, CMTKP, Sodium CMTKP, Na-CMTKP, Sodium Carboxy Methyl TKP, Sodium Carboxy Methyl Tamarind Gum, Anionic Carboxy Methyl Tamarind Gum, Anionic Tamarind Gum, Anionic Gum, Carboxy Methyl Tamarind Sodium Salt, Sodium Salt of Carboxy Methyl Tamarind Kernel Powder, Anionic etherified polysaccharides, Tamarind Gum. Tamarind Seed Gum, Textile Printing Thickeners, Printing Thickeners.
The Chemical name of CMT is Sodium Carboxy Methyl Tamarind Kernel Powder.
CAS NUMBER: 68647-15-4
EICS NUMBER: 271-943-5
1) CMT widely used as textile printing thickener.
2) CMT also used for sizing in jute yarn & cotton warp.
3) CMT has extensive use in paper & explosive industry where it is used as viscosity builder.
4) CMT used as a binder in slurry explosive as a substitute for guar gum.
5) CMT used as a core binder in foundries & mosquito coils.
6) CMT used as a sizing material in paper industry.
7) CMT very effectively used these days by oil drilling companies as soil stabilizer.
8) CMT has numerous other applications & its low cost gives it an edge over other thickening agents.
25Kg PP/HDPE laminated paper bags or PP/HDPE bags + Inner plastic liner or as per availability.